Friday, June 6, 2008

Why You Should Go on Holiday - Travel is Good For You

By Garry Wynters

All of us need something to look forward too, and going on holiday is defiantly something that falls into that category. Going on holiday or traveling doesn't need to be about heading off to some far flung place for 2 or 3 weeks, it can be as simple as jumping on the train by yourself or with your family and going some place different for the day.

For me it doesn't matter if it's a 3 week holiday in the Caribbean, a week in a caravan, a weekend camping, or even a day trip somewhere, I look forward to it with the same sense of adventure and excitement. I get a real buzz out of getting away from my normal day-to-day existence, and going somewhere different, as the saying goes, "travel broadens your horizons".

Some of my best holidays have being unplanned camping trips to superb campsites, in beautiful locations, such as on the banks of Loch Lomond or in the wilds of the Scottish Highlands. I have had as much enjoyment out of such trips, as I have when I visited the Sphinx and the Great Pyramids, the Grand Canyon, or when staying in 5 star hotels.

In my opinion it is almost like a criminal act, for families not to holiday and travel together, to experience new things as a family unit, to share precious family time together. It is an important part of any child's development and growing up, to go and experience new places with the family. Family holidays are something that will be remembered for the rest of your life.

Going on holiday or traveling doesn't need to be about money, it's a willingness to seek out new horizons, to see new places, to be part of a new adventure. Life for me, would be so dull without the joy of traveling and knowing that I have many adventures ahead of me, seeing new places, meeting new people, getting away from the cocoon of normal living and much, much more.

Travel is so much more than just good for you, it makes life worth living and not to do so, is a waste of your life!

http://www.travelersstories.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Garry_Wynters

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what is your opinion.....?